Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ouch

It's been so long since I trained and ran an event that I forgot what it feels like in the days after.

I woke up Monday and could barely move. I can't believe how sore I was. I had the day off from work so in the morning I did Day 1 of Couch to 5k at the local trail. That loosened me up until I got home and tried to get out of my car. I hobbled to my front door like an old lady! I actually decided to go to the store and invest in a foam roller to help loosen me up. I contemplated going back to MMA but I was way too sore. I'm hoping to try on Thursday or next Monday. I sure do miss those guys! It's been 2 months since I stepped foot in there and I just know that when I go back it's going to be tough.

Health-wise I am okay. I have gotten a little light headed this week but both times I took just 1/3 of a Mecklizine tablet (the pills they gave me back in August for my vertigo) and then I am as good as new. I will never take a whole one again because of how much it knocks me out. So far, just taking that little piece helps get rid of whatever vertigo is left. Hopefully soon, I won't even need that. :)

My next race is the Pittsburgh Officer's Down 5K in November. Other than that, I have nothing planned so I'll be working on getting back into training and setting some goals for 2015. I have already decided to join a co-worker and some friends from the Facebook group RunJunkees and participate in the 2015 Pittsburgh Marathon as a relay team. We're doing a Superhero theme and our team name is the Runtastic Five. :) I volunteered to take the first leg...5.5 miles. I refuse to do the 3rd or 4th leg both of which are 6 miles and all uphill. My leg seems fairly flat. I may not be running the entire 26.2 miles but I am so excited (and nervous) to be running alongside actual marathoners in an actual marathon! Who knows, maybe it will inspire me to do the half the following year, or maybe the Pittsburgh 10-miler in 2015.

Not sure what other goals I will have for 2015. I heard someone talk about setting birthday goals. Every year on her birthday she sets the goals she would like to meet before her next birthday. My birthday is coming up in November and I am thinking of doing something similar. That way I don't have to wait until the new year. It'll be interesting to see what I come up with. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment