Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I get knocked down but I get up again

Going on a month and half now and I am still experiencing some light headedness, although I do believe it's improving. On Sunday I went to the trail and knocked out a mile. When I got back to my car I actually felt like I could do more. Had one of the best night sleeps in a while that evening. Today I feel like there is a lot less light headedness and hopefully this means it's on the way out. I had an MRI today of my head and ears and it came back NORMAL, praise God! I just wish I knew what was causing this and that it would all just go away. I'm not so sure it is vertigo anymore and if it is, it sure likes to linger! I saw a physical therapist last week who did a funky head maneuver that is supposed to help. He did tell me, "This may feel like it's going to last forever, but it's not." Let's hope so!


Last Thursday my Jeep Liberty finally died.  It had barely passed inspection in July and I had been planning on looking into a new car by the end of the year. I guess my jeep (and maybe God) had other plans! So, I did some looking around and some research and on Saturday I bought my very first car, all on my own! I got a 2008 Nissan Rogue and so far I LOVE IT. My Jeep had so many problems: the driver's side window didn't roll down anymore, the CD player hadn't worked in a couple years, there was no AC or heat, there was a lot of rusting and even some holes in the body, and the last straw was when it decided it didn't want to start anymore. Died 4x in two days. It would take 15-30 minutes to get it to start. It was a 2003 and had almost 150,000 miles on it so I definitely took that thing as far as it would go. I have really enjoyed driving around in a car with the windows rolled down and music blasting. I feel like I'm in Heaven! :) Here's a pic:

My Gladiator Run is September 20th and I am praying that I will be better before then so that I can participate. I have waited all year to do this and I would hate to miss out on it! With no training and my current health issues, I doubt that my performance will be anything to write home about, but I am resilient and I believe in PERSEVERANCE. Never give up. I will just go and have fun playing in the mud and challenging myself. Let's see what I can do with absolutely no training behind me. Hey, I did my very first obstacle course without any training and had a blast so anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment