Thursday, August 28, 2014

This has been a long month

It's been almost a month since I've had any sort of intense workout. I think I've "run" only 3x. I've missed 3 weeks of MMA and won't be attending next week, but I am going to try to start back the week after next. I've missed 3 group training runs, haven't gone to the gym at all this month, no PiYo...I'm really wondering how I'm going to get back into the groove. I have two events in late September, but don't want to push myself too hard and wind up injured or anything, so I'll be starting out slowly. I'm thinking of maybe just doing a few exercises when watching TV or a movie....push ups, some martial arts, sit ups, etc and working my way up.

In the meantime, since my workouts have been lacking, I've found myself glued to Mystery Science Theater 3000. I began watching them on Netflix and now I am ordering the episodes from the library. I don't know why I never watched these before. I have always loved B movies. Plan 9 from Outer Space, The Killer Shrews, Empire of the Ants...so many good ones. But until I started watching MST3K I had no idea just HOW MANY bad movies there actually are. Wow. So far my favorite MST3K episodes include The Pod People, The Screaming Skull, Teenagers from Outer Space, The Horrors of Spider Island, and The Violent Years. As much as I miss working out (never thought I would be able to say that and mean it!), I can't of any better way to spend my time than watching horribly bad but entertaining films. :)

However, I must say that I am so glad this month is coming to an end. It's been such a blur. I've spent the entire month struggling with my health, taking meds, visiting doctors...I'm over it. Hopefully September will turn out to be a much better month.




No comments:

Post a Comment