Friday, June 20, 2014

Training

According to the weatherman, Sunday is supposed to be 82 degrees BUT the good news is that in the morning it's supposed to be in the 70s. Thank goodness. I really don't want to run in 80 degree heat and humidity. I'll be getting up at about 4am that morning and picking up a friend who will be doing the half marathon. I do believe this is the earliest I have ever gotten up for an event and I am NOT a morning person. It will be worth it though. :)

Took a day off from training and went to see Jersey Boys today...what an AMAZING movie. I am definitely seeing that one again. Clint Eastwood did a fabulous job and I really want to go buy a Four Seasons album (and I do mean an actual album...yes, I have a record player). The theater was packed and everyone cheered at the end. There were moments were I felt like I was at a concert and the ending made me feel like  I was watching the Broadway show. Go see it if you get the chance!

Tomorrow I go to the YMCA for a wellness consultation. I signed up for a program where you meet for a consultation, then participate in 3 group classes, and then you get a free personal training session as well as half-off on the next month's membership fee. I am already planning to try their Insanity and Kettlebell classes. Speaking of classes, an MMA clothing store opened up near me about 3 months ago and they're now offering MMA cardio and PiYo classes back to back on Wednesday nights...so guess where I'll be this Wednesday?

Oh yes! I forgot the really really good news...last year I wrote a story and submitted it to Chicken Soup for the Soul. It was all about how I discovered mud runs and how that kickstarted my journey to being a healthier me. Well, I found out TODAY that it has been accepted and will be in the upcoming book, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Reboot Your Life, due out September 2016. I will get $200 and 10 copies of the book. I really want to start writing again and this gave me a bit of a boost today!

Signing off...gotta get up early tomorrow for my wellness consultation (I'm not even sure what this will consist of!)

No comments:

Post a Comment